Cyber Defense Analysts (CDA)
Expletus Consulting Services, LLC is currently seeking several Cyber Defense Analysts (CDA) to fill full-time positions with one of our preferred clients within the vicinity of Annapolis Junction, MD. Qualified candidates should possess strong understanding of security and mission assurance related principles, to include topics such as confidentiality, integrity, availability, identity management, authentication, access control, etc., in conjunction with technical knowledge of the workings of IT/communication systems in order to derive cyber threat awareness.
The candidates should be capable of leveraging available knowledge and resources to develop policy and technical mitigation proposals and solutions to identified cyber problems. The candidate should also be capable of articulating threats and proposed solutions via speech and written reports in order to provide actionable information to organization leaders.
- Assists in deterring, identifying, monitoring, investigating, and analyzing computer network intrusions.
- Assist in the processing of possible malware samples and other threats submitted by customers.
- Provide network support by conducting reverse engineering of new vulnerabilities and malicious code in order to build counter attack signatures against known and unknown threats.
- Research emerging malware capabilities and delivery techniques and successfully integrate appropriate countermeasures and mitigations into team process.
- Tracking trends and performs network analysis on the network infrastructure to determine security gaps and network configuration deficiencies.
- Develop graphical representations of social and physical networks associated with specific network threats / actors.
- Prioritizing threats and managing risks and escalations.
- Contributing to the development of strategies and architectures for secure cyber environments.
- Leading a cross-functional team to respond to cyber incidents and remediate attacks.
- Collecting attack and investigation metrics and trending data.
- Assist with various security assessments and auditing engagements as required.
Required Experience, Skills & Education:
- Significant experience with vulnerability analysis, including knowledge of common types of vulnerabilities, workaround and fixes, mitigations etc.
- Comfort with Linux and UNIX operating systems highly desirable.
- Shell scripting skill for Linux and UNIX is desirable.
- Significant programming experience with at least one programming language is highly desirable. Database knowledge such as MySQL is desirable.
- At least 4 years related experience.
- BS or equivalent.
- Certifications such as CISSP highly desirable, as well as certifications related to cyber analysis and malware reverse engineering. CISM and Security + also suitable alternatives.
- Must possess a current DoD TS/SCI security clearance adjudicated with full scope polygraph, or be willing and clearable to such a level.
- Must be willing to work full-time in the Annapolis Junction, MD, area.